ISM Scholarship Policy
International School Mainfranken e.V. is a registered association (“eingetragener Verein”) and recognized as a non-profit organization. The school’s income is used entirely to implement its educational mission. In accordance with our charter, we offer a scholarship program. Its purpose is, on the one hand, to provide emergency assistance to families of enrolled students who have encountered unexpected financial hardship. On the other hand, the scholarship program serves to ensure the international and social diversity of our school community and to make ISM accessible to families who have an interest and need for international education, regardless of financial background.
Parents submit evidence of their financial situation (net worth and family income). Based on the self-disclosure, the amount of the scholarship for one school year is determined.
Good academic performance and positive social behavior are basic requirements for a scholarship. These are checked on the basis of report cards, a student questionnaire (short essay in grades 10-12) and trial lessons (3-5 days).
If the results of the financial, academic, and social eligibility review are positive, the application materials will be submitted to the Board of Directors for a final decision.
- A scholarship will not result in a reduction in the cost of student transportation or lunch.
- Applications must be resubmitted annually by the end of April prior to the start of the school year.
- The award of a scholarship in one year does not guarantee continued awards in subsequent years.
- The ISM Scholarship Policy will be reviewed annually and adjusted as necessary.
- There is no legal entitlement, even if all criteria are met.
All applications for financial support are treated with the strictest confidence in line with our data protection policy.
Please contact us for further Information.
Phone: +49 9721 53861-80